Sunday, November 3, 2013

Bikes on Davidsonville Roads


From CapitalGazette.com
I am so sorry that too many people have been killed riding their bicycles on our county roads.
I live in Davidsonville and I am a bike rider. Governor's Bridge Road, Saint George Barber Road and parts of Riva Road are treacherous by car much less on a bike. There are no shoulders and blind curves throughout.
Governor's Bridge Road was repaved in August and they have yet to put the center line in. Vehicles travel much too fast on these roads and sometimes cross the center line as they round the curves. Never do I ride my bike on these roads. The county has designated these roads as bike friendly - no way.

I have come upon riders pedaling up the long winding Saint George Barber Road and there is no way to see them until you get right on top of them and no way around them. It would be impossible for an emergency vehicle to get up that road around a cyclist. I agree people need to share the road with cyclists, but cyclists need to use common sense when riding and stick to safe bike friendly roads.
The accident on Riva Road happened on a blind curve and no shoulder. Unfortunately, two people were at the wrong place at the wrong time. My condolences go out to the driver of that car and to the family of the victim.
JANIS KRAMER
Davidsonville

No comments:

Post a Comment