Friday, November 16, 2018

Bob Bartlett's Play "The Accident Bear"

Davidsonville playwrite Bob Bartlett has written a very unusual  play which will be performed in Annapolis Nov. 30 to Dec. 22

Bob is quoted in DC Metro "Before I bought my house in Davidsonville, MD, I was living in a wonderful, old apartment in Downtown Annapolis – without a washer and dryer – that was within walking distance of plenty of great places to write, including cafes, coffee shops, bookstores, restaurants, bars, and a coin-operated laundromat. I’m a writer who needs to write in a variety of locations and often surrounded by activity and white noise, so while I was doing my weekly laundry, I decided to write a play set in my local laundromat. While I’ve written with specific locations in mind, I’d never written for a location in that location. And because laundromats are rumored to be great pick-up spots, I wrote The Accident Bear, my first attempt at a romantic comedy, albeit a time-shifting and darkish one.'

To read more about the play and Bob, go to:
https://dcmetrotheaterarts.com/2018/11/15/trying-to-fall-out-of-love-in-a-laundromat-playwright-bob-bartlett-on-the-accident-bear/

Another article (longer than above) about the play is at: 
https://www.eyeonannapolis.net/2018/11/a-play-in-a-laundromat-on-maryland-avenue-yes-november-30th-through-december-22nd/

No comments:

Post a Comment