Thursday, March 2, 2017

Spencer Leads Loyola To Win At Towson

Slowing Loyola’s Pat Spencer. Early in the first quarter, Spencer tried to force-feed a centering pass that was disrupted by Towson and eventually led to a Greyhounds turnover. After that, Spencer found his footing, assisting on three of his team’s first four goals, adding a goal in the third quarter, and recording his final assist on Germershausen’s third tally with 1:57 left in regulation.

“A lot of teams have been sliding early to me,” said Spencer, who was marked primarily by Tigers junior Sid Ewell (Essex Community College). “Originally, they were pressing out, trying making it tough for me to get the ball. So I knew that when I was going to be getting the ball, they were going to be sliding to me early. So early on, I forced a couple things, but after that, I was able to settle in and make the reads to guys like Germey.”

No comments:

Post a Comment