Sunday, September 21, 2014

Prescription to Heroin Drug Path

Davidsonville resident Roger Bagbey holds a photo of his son, Kyle,
 who died from a heroin overdose when he was 26 years old. 
(By Matthew Cole, Staff / September 18, 2014) 
    William "Kyle" Bagbey appeared to have turned his life around as he walked into the upstairs bathroom of his father's Davidsonville home on Jan. 11.
    Four years earlier, Bagbey's addiction to prescription drugs, namely Oxycontin, strained his relationship with his family to the point they sent him to a rehab program in Iowa. Once there, he appeared to thrive, his father, Roger Bagbey, said.
    He would enroll in Iowa State, where he studied business and marketing and interned at the athletics department.
    Bagbey, 27, traveled home for winter break before he was to start what was to be his final semester at Iowa State. But around 10:30 a.m. Jan. 11, Bagbey walked into the bathroom — and never came out alive, the victim of an apparent heroin overdose.
    For the rest of this story,  go to:,0,4305740.story

    For Kyle's obituary,  go to:

No comments:

Post a Comment