Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pastrana To Race at Daytona

 
Davidsonville resident Travis Pastrana will make his first NASCAR Nationwide Series start this weekend at Daytona International Speedway. Pastrana, who grew up in Annapolis, will drive the No. 60 Ford Mustang under the banner of Roush Fenway Racing with NASCAR veteran Chad Norris as crew chief.
Pastrana is no stranger to Daytona as his first professional victory came in the AMA Supercross Series at the fabled track. He also participated in the 2012 Rolex 24 at Daytona, finishing 25th.
“The NASCAR Nationwide Series is the most competitive series I’ve had the opportunity to be a part of. This year, I’m going in with open expectations. My goals this season are to do the best I can every race and to learn every race,” Pastrana said. “I feel like I’m good enough to race with these guys. Winning is a lot more fun than losing and we’ve got to figure out a way to get there.”
Pastrana said he didn’t realize how physically demanding NASCAR racing can be and said he’s lost 20 pounds in the last two months. “This is the most action for the longest duration I’ve ever experienced,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment