Saturday, July 15, 2017

Two Teens Burned Lighting Tiki Torch

Firefighters responded to a home in the 1000 block of Sugar Maple Drive in Davidsonville around 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
A 14-year-old boy and 12-year-old girl were burned after filling a tiki torch with kerosene when it ignited, official said.
Both teens jumped  into a swimming pool to try and extinguish the flames, officials said.
A 14-year-old boy received second-degree burns over 25 percent of his body after his shirt caught fire, and the 12-year-old girl received less serious burns over 5 percent of her body. Officials said both teens suffered first-degree burns.

Both teens were taken by Maryland State Police helicopter to Johns Hopkins Children's Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment